Editor’s note: Whether you’re hosting the whole family for the holidays or just welcoming a solo weekend guest, entertaining at home can be the perfect chance to make happy memories with those you love. With our expert advice, opening your home to friends and relatives will be a snap. Look for home entertaining tips every day this week on Porchlight.
Make your guests feel welcome by setting up an extra-special space for them. It’s important to keep it simple so everyone from your mom to your old college buddies will feel at home here.
Your crash pad will shine with these easy tips. The keys to success are new bedding, lovely candles, a neat little collection, and space for your guest to spread out and stow their belongings.
Design resource guide
- Tobacco + Bay Leaf candle, Detroit Rose Candle Co., $25
- Rose Botanica candle, Brooklyn Candle Studio, $24
- Woods candle, Sydney Hale Company, $30
- Large in-door/out-door and canvas animal pillows, A&G Merch, starting at $69
- Faribault Orange Stripe Wool Blanket, CB2, $189-$219
- Birch Lane Effie Cable-Knit, Wayfair, $104
- Brimnes Bed Frame with Storage, IKEA, $199
Videography and photography by Mikal Marie Photography.
Originally published November 19, 2015.